Wednesday, October 4, 2017

OctPoWriMo Day 4



Today's prompt was "Between the clouds and the water" and so this is what came to mind... trips taken (sometimes solo) to my favorite place on Earth, Walt Disney World.

On flights to Disney I go into a kind of 'zone' removed from reality (probably the only reason I can still fly with my anxiety as bad as it is... well that and medication...) and the feeling of heading down for a trip there is like no other for me. It is a magical, happy time.

So here it is...

In The Clouds by February Grace

Up and away I go
thirty-five thousand feet
above my sorrows

suspended in thought
music my only companion
blocking out the engines

When I land it will be
on warm, familiar ground
palm trees and Crescent Lake... "home"

But the dream can't last forever
and the bubble breaks...
again between the clouds

10/04/17 

~*~ ~*~ ~*~  

 Related photos...

Above the clouds (Photo by me)

Disney's Crescent Lake (Viewed from the BoardWalk Inn, taken by my husband)

Me by the pool, circa 2014 (yes I am wearing a tiara...)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will appear on the blog once reviewed.